Village Board Meeting Minutes
Village of Ferryville
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
Date: January 15, 2020
Present: Trustee Steve Werner, Trustee Gloria Moore, Clerk/Treasurer, Heather
Caya, Brenda Torger Vassar, EMR, Dan Mattson, Public Works. Absent, Fire Chief, Al
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Village Clerk, Heather Caya at
7:00 PM following the close of the 2020 Caucus.
2. Select a Chairperson: Gloria motioned to appoint Steve as Chairperson on a
second by Steve, motion carried.
3. Certification of Open Meeting Law Requirements: Heather confirmed that lawful
notice of the public meeting had been posted on the official posting board and 3
other designated locations in the Village and posted on www.ferryville.com
4. Approve Agenda: Gloria moved and Steve made the second to approve the
agenda. Motion carried.
5. Approve Minutes of December 18 meeting: On motion by Gloria second by Steve,
the minutes of the Board Meeting held on December 18, 2019 were approved as
6. Public Comments: Question and request to have an earlier posting of draft copy
minutes of meeting for informational purposes. When will the Snowflake lights be
7. Department Items:
Clerk: The Clerk's report was read and placed on file.
Public Works: Dan Mattson read his report and it is placed on file.
Fire: No report, Chief Novak was on a call.
EMR: Brenda reported CPR recertification was completed, cards have been issued
and are on file. EMR Recertification will be February 8 and 15th.
Village Standing Committees: Annual reports and financial information, as required
by the ordinances, has been provided to the board.
Trustees Report: Gloria presented the 2019 report of Village activities, and placed on
8. Disbursements/Revenues: Steve motioned that expenditures in the amount of
$16,282.87 and Revenues in the amount of $1,223.64 be approved from the General
Budget for the month of December. Gloria seconded the motion. The motion carried.
Gloria motioned expenditures in the amount of $8,139.04 and revenues in the
amount of $6,361.42 from the Sewer Funds be approved for the Month of
December, 2019. Steve seconded the motion. The motion carried.
Steve motioned to approve the authority to spend $1,639.22 surplus funds expense
in the TID District by year end, on a second by Gloria, motion carried.
9. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Consider/Approve - New Fire and EMR members (if any): None
b. Consider/Approve - Operators Licenses (if any) Destiney Anderson pending
passing background check
c. Consider/Approve - Market Committee - Use of Sugar Creek Park
Motion by Gloria Moore to approve the Farmers Market Committee request to use
the park from May 16 to October 31, 2020 for Saturday markets. Seconded by Steve
Werner. The motion carried.
d. Consider/Approve-Bald Eagle Day (Ferryville Tourism Council) Gloria Moore
commented that there is no motion needed. This is a facility's request and is
approved by the Clerk, who then notifies the person making the application and at
the same time notifies Public Works of the event and what is needed from Public
e. Consider/Approve-- Updated Employee Handbook Motion made by Steve Werner
to approve the amendments to the Employee Hand Book, January 15, 2020.
Seconded by Gloria Moore. The motion carried.
10. ADJOURN: On a motion by Steve, and a second by Gloria the meeting was
adjourned at 7:35 p.m.
Acting Village Clerk
Village Hall (inside/outside)
VILLAGE OF FERRYVILLE
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
Date: February 13, 2020
Present: President, Vacant, Trustees Steve Werner and Gloria Moore
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 5:05 PM by Steve Werner. Gloria
made a motion for Steve to act as chairperson, Steve seconded the motion. Motion
carried. Steve chaired the remainder of the meeting.
2. Certification of Open Meeting Law Requirements: Steve Werner confirmed that
lawful notice of the public meeting had been posted on the official posting boards on
02/12/2019 inside and outside the Village Hall and at the Post Office in the
designated locations and posted on www.ferryville.com. The Bank was closed.
3. Approve Agenda: Gloria moved that the agenda be accepted as presented. Steve
seconded the motion. The motion carried.
3. NEW BUSINESS
A. Accept Resignation of Clerk/Treasurer; Steve motioned that the resignation of
Heather Caya be accepted. Gloria seconded the motion. The motion carried.
B. Appoint Acting Clerk; Steve motioned that Bridget Schill be appointed to the Village
Clerk position. Gloria seconded the motion. The motion carried. The Oath of Office
was administered and signed.
4. Motion to Move February Meeting: Steve motioned that the Feb. 19 meeting be
moved to Feb. 26 due to unusual circumstances. Gloria seconded the motion. Other
members will be notified of change.
5. Adjourn; Steve motioned that the meeting being adjourned. Gloria seconded. The
motion carried. The meeting was adjourned at 5:45 PM.
Village Hall (inside/outside)
U. S. Post Office